As I get ready for this 3rd and final business trip to Asia of 2011, I’ve had feelings of dread, that alternated when I read Gitz and realized I need to choose to enjoy every moment as I live in it. The last post she wrote is about living in the now and not wasting time fantasizing in the unknown. I do this frequently. When I’m uncomfortable in my job, when I’m uncomfortable in my cramped condo, when my kids are behaving outrageously, I fantasize about future unknowns.
It’s not easy enjoying the things that trouble me now, like this last trip to Asia. I’m pregnant, and tired, I don’t want to leave my kids and husband but then I read Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” I realize I need to fill this trip with thanksgiving and prayer. So I will do this on my trusty iPhone, list all the things I’m thankful for and when I get an internet connection I’ll post them here, starting with the below:
- 161 – I’m thankful for spontaneous back rubs from husband
- 162 – A husband who fills my car with gas in the evening
- 163 – A husband who makes eggs and bacon for breakfast!
- 164 – Stories my daughter whispers in my ear at bedtime.
- 165 – 3 yr old who prays her own prayers, our faithfulness is showing fruit
- 166 – letters from my compassion children
- 167 – God who has given me a good nights sleep before this trip to Asia. I notoriously sleep badly before trips but last night my dreams were filled with random entertaining things. No stress, no worries. Thank you God for this gift of a good nights sleep.
- 168 – for Gitz, a gifted writer who has blessed my life with every word I read. I’m sad at the thought of her passing because I selfishly want more words of wisdom and I’m sad for her family and friends but so profoundly thankful to have been graced by her kind words for this past year.
Post a Comment