Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Random Tuesday Thoughts
Random Tuesday coming at you from Hong Kong!
1. I don't like eating in restaurants alone. I've compromised in the past by sitting in the window bar of Ruth Steakhouse but tonight it was freezing so I ordered to-go. AND I didn't get steak. Just a Spinach salad and appitizer shrimp, oh and let's not forget the apple crump tart for dessert!
2. I'm having a tricky time with the jet lag. Usually I just take a sleeping pill but for a medical issue I cannot on this trip and I'm not sure how to cope! I woke up at 3:30am, wide awake and never went back to sleep. Went to the office for 2 hours from 8:45 - 10:45 then came back to the hotel to sleep for 2 hours.
3. I had to move hotel rooms because I wasn't originally booked here for another nights. So after nap I packed stuff and was told to leave it in the room and they (hotel staff) would move it.
4. I had lunch in the 12th floor lounge while mystery room was being prepared. I turned off the air conditioner to the entire section I was sitting because I was freezing and by 2pm there was no one there. Had them turn up the TV volume because what is the point of having a TV on silent? They told me to turn it back down upon leaving. Um okay.
5. By quarter to 3 they brought out these lovely little desserts with raspberries and strawberries on a little tart. Wonderful little dessert, I'll have to remember to dash back up there around 3 for more.
6. Had SKYPE chat with my little family at 5am (5pm their time) and convinced husband to take the crew outside for Pirate photos (see post below). I really think he has new appreciation for the effort I put into taking photos of running children!
That's it for now. Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday.