I just got an email from Chick-Fil-A saying our most favorite item on the menu in 2020 is - WATER! That's right, the free item on the menu is our favorite. This is a result of requesting 6 waters every time we go to CFA and as a result it accumulated as our most ordered item.
Monday, December 28, 2020
This is our favorite Christmas breakfast.
4 eggs beaten
¾ cup half and half
½ Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 thick slices French Bread
¼ cup butter (1/2 stick)
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup honey
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup chopped pecans
Combine eggs, half and half, brown sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl. Pour half the mixture into baking dish. Place the bread on top and pour the other half of mixture on top. Refrigerate covered overnight.
Melt butter in 9 x 13” baking dish and stir in brown sugar, honey, maple syrup and pecans. Add soaked slices of bread. Bake at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes until puffed and brown. Serve immediatelyThis does not need syrup or butter after baking because of the sauce it is baked in, but when reheating it might need some syrup so it's not dry.
Sunday, December 27, 2020
- 2002 - 2003 - SARS
- 2009 - Swine Flu (H1N1)
- 2012 - MERS
- 2019 - Covid-19 - I traveled to Asia in January and I would have traveled again in October but the protests in Hong Kong raged all year long and it kept away our buyers so we traveled more to California. I also would have possibly gone January 2020, but protests continued so we went back to CA to see buyers.
- From SARS to MERS 10-12 years
- From MERS to Covid-19 - 8 years
- Travel more to see friends and loved ones, truly own and cherish the moments we have together
- Gather supplies so we are ready, I guess that means we are finally going to become preppers of a sense.
- We want to build a home that has enough land to grow more crops with adequate storage, and places for all family members to find sanctuary and possibly isolation from others if needed. In 6 years our oldest will be 18, in 10 years she will be 22. We need a very big library!
- Go to all the places we can't visit during a pandemic - zoos, libraries, restaurants, amusement parks, special places like the Gettysburg miniature horse farm
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
We came up with this dessert by accident last weekend. Initially I wanted to put melted chocolate on pretzels to use them up, then I checked the expiration date and they were almost a year old. I tasted one and they were kinda stale so I decided to make my first puppy chow!
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups of honey graham cereal (generic brand is fine)
- 1 cup marshmallows
Melt chocolate and peanut butter together in 30 second increments until smooth. Mix melted chocolate/peanut butter with cereal and then put into fridge until melted parts are solid, then mix with one cup of confectioner sugar and 1 cup of marshmallows.