Friday, June 26, 2020
- My brothers both work for companies where they have to report if they've come in contact with anyone who is known to have the virus or even suspects they might have it. This could result in them being sent home for two weeks. One brother can work from home, the other would be sent home with no pay for two weeks. One has to fill out paperwork every day that states he hasn't to his knowledge come in contact with a sick person.
- I reflect on how upset I got on hearing the news that someone thought they might have it and got tested but meanwhile went about their activities like nothing was wrong and I said to myself, I just can't do that to my family. How could I put my family through that frustration?
- While the event this family attend was outside, they have 3 young girls, given the nature of 25 year old hugging everyone in sight, it's best to assume she probably cuddled with her nieces and thus they could be carriers.
- The family that sat next to us had a daughter that coughed throughout the service, a deep cough that sounded like bronchitis to me but enough of a cough to wonder why did they bring her to an indoor service?!? I don't know the time line of how fast a child or person could get infected, we sat with them on the 24th and the event they attended was on the 20th, could she get sick in 4 days? Seems like it could be a cough from another illness but the doubt is still there.
Saturday, June 20, 2020
|2019 June Garden - covered in lettuce towers|
Friday, June 19, 2020
Last year we noticed water damage at the front of the camper. Mike ripped out part of the floor and rebuilt it but he knew there was more damage to the front panel and so we made plans to rebuild after school let out. School finished the 2nd week of June, and I think we started working on the camper the weekend of the 20th. It took a month to remove the front cover, strip it down to the metal frame, and rebuild the front end. We finished on July 19th. Here are the progression photos:
The first image is after we rebuilt the inside panel.
And here she is, put back together!
I didn't show the roof, but it was black with dirt. While Mike did the rebuild, I got on the roof and cleaned it with a scrub brush. Then put a special tape over the holes and painted white RubberFlexx over the entire roof. Our goal is to waterproof the camper as much as possible. I think I'll put another coat on in the fall before we cover it for winter.
At this point we've put more time and money into this then what we'd ever get from re-selling it. This is our first camper and we didn't catch the water damage before we bought it. That's okay, we like it and we've made it our own. Next thing I want to work on is the interior curtains and textiles throughout. We also really want to re-paint the exterior panels and get rid of all the branding. I'm really looking forward to continued customization!! It's hard work, but we enjoy the end result.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
We are still working on getting the claw foot bathtub out of the yard. Last year I filled it with sand and gravel from the wider path than we wanted. Husband has been steadfastly finding places for it and promises to get rid of it one day. The stone path leading to the gate needs reset and check out our work in progress shed - it's made from reclaimed pallets!!