Linking to Work, Wife,Mom...Life! for Working Mommy Wednesday. For this week the discussion is: What are you thankful for?
- Nearly one billion lack access to safe water.
- In remote areas of Africa women travel miles each day to collect water for their families. It's dangerous and debilitating.
- Haiti cholera outbreak highlights clean water crisis, more than 1,000 have died
I’m thankful I was able to use water for the following things this week:
- I drank 48oz of water per day
- I used water to take a shower every day
- I used water to make tea and coffee
- I used water to give my children bathes
- I used water to flush the toilet several times a day
- My husband used water to cook a very delicious steam pot
- I used water to boost
- I gave my daughter water to drink
- I used water to brush my teeth
- I used water countless times to wash my hands after using the toilet, changing a diaper, cooking dinner, etc.
- I washed produce
- I washed dishes
- I gave water to my pets
- My fish swim in clean water
- I watered plants
- I've cleaned counters and floors
How did my family and I get blessed with so much available clean water? Why don’t I thank God every day for this gift? I really want to be more thankful for such an amazing and life sustaining gift.