Last Sunday I found myself a little rattled by the pastor’s call for “Full Throttle Faith”. After careful consideration I found ways I could serve those in my community of online friends and neighbors. I did both and had wonderful experiences. I spent time outside with my neighbors building relationships and I spent time with a fellow blogger helping her with the design of her blog. The week went by so fast and the weekend even faster.
Upon reflection I realized I had missed one thing. My local church community. I attend Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale and they host a weekly women’s service on Thursday’s. I used to attend regularly until the lunch group grew small and it became challenging to get up from work at 11:50 and drive the 5 minutes to church, pack a lunch in the morning that was low maintenance (not needing a microwave) and then there was pre-natal yoga on the same night – so hard to fit two events in one day with full time work! I’m finally up to 14 weeks and ready to get back into my favorite class with a teacher I’ve adored through two pregnancies. This past Thursday I arrived 20 minutes early to the beautiful studio of dark calming colors and the wonderful post yoga chai only to find my teacher had stopped teaching in August! Devastation!! I called and learned she had switched to day classes in Hollywood, FL. A plan slowly formed, I get flex hours at work, what if I go on Tuesday’s afternoons? Then I’ll still have the evenings with my children AND I could still do the Thursday ladies meeting. So this week I’m committed to attending this service.
- 190 – a little girl who asks for prayer before bed.
- 191 – grubby fingers at the breakfast table.
- 192 – a little boy who keeps running over to snags bites of my pumpkin muffin while I’m trying to write this post.
- 193 – artistic collaboration with a new friend.
- 194 – surprise hugs from a husband.
- 195 – books to read to my children before bed.
- 196 – rainy days in Florida that last all day long.
- 197 – little girls hands on my face as I cuddle with her before she sleeps.
- 198 – a pastor’s message of HOPE.
- 199 – a husband willing to spend 45 minutes rocking children to sleep even after spending the entire day with them, every single day.
Post a Comment