One of my favorite bloggers, Ann Voskamp, writes a list of things she's thankful for every Monday, here is my growing list:
I sit here bleary eyed, almost too tired to type but doing this because I regret that two months have passed without any thankfullness on my part. How can two months pass without showing some written appreciate for the life, health and wealth I possess? Even if no one reads this I know God appreciates a written account of my blessings. So here I sit, humbled, committed and ready to share my wealth of blessings.
October 25, 2010
37. Brothers – who are always there for me, growing up and now.
38. Play spaces – for Charlotte to explore and socialize.
39. Compassion missionaries - for showing me charity is more than just donating money, it's a gift of time and energy spent on the well being of another.
40. Nap time – I can honestly say I’ve never been so thankful for sleep.
41. My husband is thankful that I keep the cars full of gas so that when he’s running late for work they are full.
42. Realizing that I had a wonderful childhood to be thankful for. I went to school at a private Christian school affiliated with the church I grew up in. I’m friends on Facebook with my kindergarten teacher and I love seeing the comments she makes about my children. What a gift to know someone who still cares about me 30 year later!
43. I read a statistic that two-third of women in the world are illiterate. If you are reading this and you are a woman, be so thankful for the gift of reading.