title alone should be a warning to the guys - for chicks only
it allows me to do the following while making baby very happy -
- blogging (albeit one-handed)
- looking up albeit to make sure it makes sense in the above sentence (there are teachers reading this blog)
- catching up on favorite tv shows (which have been digitally recorded throughout the week)
- playing spider solitaire
- playing monopoly (on the computer)
- reading favorite blogs
- reading books
and while at work I get to take three 15 minute breaks per day to pump milk and while doing so get to read books; currently reading "Helen of Troy" by Margaret George.
so what I'm trying to say is it's a great way to relax and i'd like to do it as long as possible but there are only 2 problems:
- I keep getting shooting pains in my breasts randomly throughout the day but doctor says blood work shows normal white blood cell count.
- baby has been crushing my left nipple and I'm having a hard time keeping her on that side but it produces double the amount of milk so I either grin and bare or cut her meal short. It never hurts on the right side so I keep her on as long as she wants but it never causes the milk flow to increase. very weird
I have found that it takes about 2 months of nursing for the pain to finally ease up. Also, it doesn't sound like she is latch on to your left side correctly. My painful side is my right one. However, I am just grinning and bearing it too. Have you tried some Lansoline (sp?) cream to help with pain? I find that helps too. Well, hope that helps. Duty is calling me now...
Hey, I have been trying to get Lil G to open up more before she latches on and it helps! If CM latches on to your right side and it hurts like the dickens, stop nursing her and make her latch on with her mouth more open. I hope that helps...
Yep, already tried all of the above. I've narrowed it down to additional pain leading up to and during the menstrual cycle.
Post a Comment