Pork 2-3lbs - using 2 tablespoons of oil, brown in a dutch oven until all sides are browned.
- 1-2 Poblano Chili's, I find Green Bell Peppers work fine in the winter when you can't get Poblano's. Cut into 1-2" wide strips and remove stems, seeds, etc.
- 1 yellow onion - remove skin, cut in half, then slices
Spread peppers and onions on the bottom of the dutch oven, placing the browned pork on top of these veggies.
- 5 tomatillos, hulls removed and cut in half (remove the small circle where stem was attached)
- 2 jalapeno's, remove stems, cut in half, keep some of the seeds for heat
- 4 cups water
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
Boil on stove for 10 minutes, then strain water from the veggies and add the following:
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
Puree in a food processor. Pour over the meat. Add one cup of water to the dutch oven so nothing burns to the bottom. Place in oven for 5-6 hours at 300.
Around the 4 hour mark, begin to pull pork apart and mix with the veggies and sauce, add more water if necessary so nothing burns to the bottom.
We like to serve this with Corn Jalapeno Dip, corn tortillas and chips.