Every year that I sit down to do Christmas cards, I start by updating the address labels list. Who has moved, died, divorced, etc. It always surprises me at how much can change in one year, then I go back to past years to make sure I didn't miss anyone and I see more major changes. I must have missed updating our list for a couple of years as I had to start with 2017 and that made the changes even more drastic:
* Husband's uncle/aunt moved due to tornado that completely destroyed their home
* Death of my mom's 2nd husband
* Aunt moved back in with her elderly father, don't need prior apartment address
* Death of husband's great aunt
* Death of husband's step-uncle
* Friends in Dallas moved in the last couple of years, need to recheck their address
* Death of husband's cousin
* Why is my Great Aunt Millie still on there?? She died in 2013!
* Found friend Bob from a really old address page, he might have moved in the last 5 years, I can't remember, but he deleted his facebook page so hoping this reaches him.
For one year I'd like things to stay the same, no deaths, no forced moves, but that's not realistic now is it.
Post a Comment