Lemon bread is perfect when I need a break from squash, chocolate, spice, and other fruit breads. This recipe is very light and fluffy and not at all dense like a pound cake.
I probably use an excessive amount of lemon compared to most lemon bread recipes but I really want to taste it! I love juicing fresh lemons and getting that heavenly smell in the kitchen.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (Greek is also fine)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lemon squeezed and strained (I know this can produce more or less depending on the lemon size but I haven't found it makes a difference)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, strained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract