This is a green smoothie, without the horror of spirulina - if you like it then just disregard this entire recipe because this is for those who want a green smoothie without puke inducing spirulina.
- 5 cubes of ice
- 1/4 avocado ripe enough that you can press a finger gently into it and cut easily with a knife, if it's too hard then wait a few days, hard avocado is never a good thing
- 1/2 banana - fresh or frozen (although frozen will help make your smoothie colder)
- 1 Tablespoon Nesquik Vanilla powder - I only specify this brand because other vanilla powders are very expensive, this can be found at CVS (oddly enough not found on Amazon).
- 1/3 cup Oregon Chai Tea sugar free, I've found this at my local Walmart or homemade Chai
- 2/3 cup Milk (I use 2% but use whatever milk you prefer)
- 1 handful of spinach
Blend until smooth.
I don't taste the spinach and since I'm not big on salads, it gives me a dose of greens. I have a cheap blender and it manages to blend the spinach so well there are no chunks. This is a 16oz smoothie.