I've received my very first jury summons, and thankfully it's local. Quite a few people have told me stories of getting summoned to Baltimore for a grand jury summons and that would be quite an ordeal considering it's 1.5 hours away!
I'm excited to participate for these reasons:
1. It's a break from work, which has been taxing for many reasons lately.
2. I like seeing and doing new things.
3. I get to dress up for court! Working from home tends to take away the pleasure of really getting oneself presentable to the world. Sure I'll dress nice enough at home, but putting actual thought into a nicely coordinated outfit is fun to do!
4. I get to go downtown for jury duty, I've always wanted to get to know that area better.
5. I get to play Pokemon Go on the 3 block walk to the court house.
So far my experience has been this:
Day 1 - orientation from 8:45 - 10:07
Day 2 - canceled the night before
Day 3 - scheduled at 9:15 and the judge let everyone go at 10:10 because the case was settled without need for a jury and there were no more cases that day
So far it hasn't been the huge inconvenience that everyone makes it sound like it will be. I hope I actually get picked for something! Until then, I've got Seabiscuit to keep me company.
Note to self, next time you see a chatty woman, sit elsewhere. She will keep talking and talking and make it very hard to read.
Post a Comment