We just found out our house repairs are going to cost more than we budgeted for so it's time to go into extreme overdrive with savings and cut back spending.
Day 1 Actions:
1. Sign up for Pinecone Research - get paid to do 15 minute surveys
2. Close Netflix streaming account - savings $8.47 per month
3. Husband turned up the AC and turned off my office light (not sure what to think about that last one - it kinda makes me feel sleepy).
4. Return stuff we don't need or spent too much on
- Husband bought all spices listed on the grocery list at Food Lion this week - total cost $17.86
- Bought same spices at local farm market for $9.21, it's an extra stop but worth it to buy in bulk and get more quantity for less $$
- Husband bought 4 butternut squash at Aldi for $1.99 each, then at Food Lion bought them for $1.29 lb (thinking it was also per piece), it ended up being $9.96 for 2 so I returned them
- Big Lots - planning to return a trash can with lid. I haven't had a trash can with a lid in a long time so I thought it would look nice. I think I'd rather have the $22.00 in our account so I'm returning it.
- Total returned: $49.82
I've been working on consignment items for an upcoming fall/winter sale where they let you set your own price and the only requirement is that all items must be in really excellent condition. It's time consuming but I need to get rid of our baby stuff anyway so might as well make something back. So far I'm up to $804.00. The host gets 30% so that leaves $562.80 - $10 entrance fee so if all sells I'll make $552.80.