This recipe is oil based and I can't remember where I got the original recipe but I've made enough changes to make it my own so here goes:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin (or use your favorite squash)
- 1 cup oil
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
This recipe makes 30 muffins so be prepared to grease a lot of muffin containers! I haven't tried cutting it in half, instead I just got creative with the toppings.
1st 12 muffins - AWESOME ADDITION!
- 1 bar of cream cheese blended with the following:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add one scoop of cream cheese mixture to each muffin, I use a cookie scoop
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar on top of muffin
- Topping can be any nuts and dried fruit you happen to have on hand. The ones you buy at Starbucks have Pumpkin seeds so we thought why not use up some of this trail mix we have on hand!
3rd set of 6 muffins - AWESOME ADDITION!
- We had a bag of cranberries to use up and thought, why not put these inside the muffin mix! The topping was back to the brown sugar/cinnamon mix.
These freeze extremely well. To thaw in a hurry, microwave for 15 seconds to thaw inside and then in the oven for 5 minutes at 350.
Post a Comment