Welcome to Random Tuesday, a fun blog hop brought to you by "The Un Mom", head over and check out her super cool graphics.
- Random thoughts about Christmas -
1. Is Christmas a Christian holiday? My Jewish co-worker thinks it is, but all my atheists and agnostic friends celebrate Christmas and they wouldn't be caught dead celebrating something Christian. So friends - what does Christmas mean to you?
2. For the past 3 days I've been making Christmas cookies - 14 dozen in total. I had the brilliant idea (if I may say so myself) to use up all the Halloween candy in Christmas cookies. I started with a double batch Chocolate Cookie recipe (minus the chips), cut up/unwrapped all the candies and made the following styles:
- Kit Kat
- Hersey's Milk Chocolate
- 2 squares of a Godiva chocolate bar
- M&M (not cut up)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
3. Shutterfly was kind enough to send me 50 free Christmas cards for writing a post about them, now I need to find 50 friends! So last night as I was updating my list I had to make a few changes:
- 1 death
- 2 moves
- 1 divorce - two new addresses
- 1 friend needs a home
- need to get addresses for 20 more friends
5. Our tree is up, the lights died the next day. No decorations are on the tree - why did we buy so many breakable things before having kids? Why didn't we use that time to compile a nice collection of soft non-breakable pretty objects?
Enjoy Random Tuesday!