One of my favorite bloggers, Ann Voskamp, writes a list of things she's thankful for every Monday.
Today I am most thankful for Water. The following quotes taken from http://water.org/
- Nearly one billion lack access to safe water.
- In remote areas of Africa women travel miles each day to collect water for their families. It's dangerous and debilitating.
- Haiti cholera outbreak highlights clean water crisis
I’m thankful I was able to use water for the following things today and yesterday:
- I drank 48oz of water per day
- I used water to take a shower
- I used water to make tea
- I used water to give my children bathes
- I used water to flush the toilet
- I used water to boil sweet potatoes
- I used water to cook frozen corn
- I gave my daughter water to drink
How did my family and I get blessed with so much free clean water? Why don’t I thank God every day for this gift? I really want to be more thankful for such an amazing and life sustaining gift.
Here is my growing list:
55. Pumpkin cream cheese muffins in the fall
56. 60 degree weather in South Florida
57. Health insurance coverage for my entire family
58. Pumpkin Chocolate Cake
59. A budget to make wonderful homemade desserts
60. A church that constantly reminds me to give of my time and talents