1. You know you're stressed when...
- Go to the bathroom and realize your sunglasses are still perched on your head like a headband, only it's noon, and you've already been at work 2 hours.
- Forget to take sunglasses off head when you get back to desk.
- Leave for lunch at 1pm and feel moment of panic when sunglasses are not found in purse - still on head.
2. What is in your purse?
First we start with the purse, it's from Korea. In 2003, the strap on my brand new purse that I had bought for the trip broke. My Korean partner in R&D development took the purse to the sewing room to be fixed and gave me another purse (because she's awesome like that). I didn't start using this purse until I got pregnant and had too much to carry with Charlotte/Purse/Diaper Bag/Water so this became the catch all.
Notice the net pouches on each side - one for my water bottle, one for Charlotte's sippy cup.
Two pouches in the front hold keys and iPhone.
It has a long adjustable strap so I can wear it across my body and chase after little ones without losing anything.
I know you want one now! GyaNimaru is the brand.
It may not be beautiful but I think it just needs a snazzy pattern and some fancy buckles and we'd have a winner for mom's!
As for the inside, I have an array of mini bags to hold various items like:
* clear cosmetics bag - so I can get through airport security
* vitamin bag
* comb/toothbrush set
* and the one with the round silver buckles organizes deodorant, notepad/pen, change purse, business card holder, iPod & headphones.
I wish I could tell you this is my weekend mommy purse and that on Monday I switch to a stylish working girl purse but I never seem to find the time to switch purses! Maybe it's because this one is so convenient; I never lose my keys and phone with the side pouches like I would in a deep cavernous hobo bag. AND It works brilliantly for travel with all the compartments.
Today I felt a twinge of guilt upon leaving the house in gladiator brown sandals which didn't match the bag AT ALL, nor did the remainder of the outfit - but I was running late so I didn't bother. Sigh!